Why will you travel to Hangzhou in 2016? Is it only because G20 leaders like the city? Here are more reasons you may not know.
- Hangzhou is one of the birthplaces of Chinese civilization. More than 8,000 years ago,there were already human beings lived and thrived in Hangzhou. Thereupon the city is blessed with many legends and romances.
- In the 13th century, Marco Polo, an Italian adventurer, praised the city as “the most beautiful and luxury city in the world”.
- Hangzhou values the requirements of tourists. It develops an English application to help foreign tourists to easily get information of hotels, restaurants and attractions.
- Hangzhou not only has the high level hotel brands like Grand Hyatt, Four Seasons, Marriot etc, but also the tourist class brands like Holiday Inn Express, Youth Hostel and local guesthouse.
- English signs and introduction in most of the scenic areas which are friendly for the independent travellers.
International organizations’ reviews:
- Hangzhou was voted as the “Oriental Capital of Leisure” by the World Leisure Organization, the “best touristy city in China” by the World Tourism Organization and China National Tourism Administration, and the international garden city by the United Nations Environment Programme. West Lake and Beijing-Hangzhou Grand Canal have been inscribed on the World Heritage List.
- It was voted among the 41 best places to travel in 2011 by the New York Times.
- It was included and ranked 7th on the list of 50 “Best Places to Travel in 2016” by American travel magazine Travel+ Leisure in 2015.
- Hangzhou was included and ranked 16th on the list of best places to travel by the New York Times in 2016 and was highly praised citing as “state-of-the-art museums and more in an ancient city”.
Social media giants’ reviews:
- In the Facebook report of 2015 on the taking about Chinese cities degree, Hangzhou ranked the third of the “Most Talked Chinese Cities” following Beijing and Shanghai.
- When Beijing and other cities are stuck in traffic jam, Hangzhou is the first to promote public bicycle services. It was voted as one of the 8 cities in the world with best public bicycle services by the BBC in 2011.
- Hangzhou East Railway Station is among the largest of its kind in China and Asia.
- Four distinct seasons, favourable natural and hydrological advantages (Qiantang River, Beijing-Hangzhou Grand Canal)
Best Hangzhou Tours
1 Day Hangzhou Highlights Tour from 62 USD p.p.
Full day time to visit the most famous attractions in Hangzhou, enjoy its fas-cinating landscapes ...
1 Day Green Tea Tour in Hangzhou from 92 USD p.p.
Enjoy a leisurely day to visit the Tea Museum, take an leisurely walking among the tea plantation...
1 Day Ancient Water Town Tour from 102 USD p.p.
Visit the well-preserved former residence, stone bridges and flagging streets, experience the...
1 Day Waterways and Garden Tour from 155 USD p.p.
Explore the "Oriental Venice" city- Suzhou, visit the exquisitely designed private garden, historical ...
2 Days Huangshan Mountain and Hongcun Tour from 368 USD p.p.
Discover the world cultural and natural heritage and its fascinating landscapes, visit the"village in the painting" ...
12 Days China Gourmet Tour from 1,835 USD p.p.
Travel along the most visited cities in China, see the highlights of China and get a fresh bite on the delicious ...